The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. Schools receive funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years.
If you are in receipt of any of the following you may be eligible for the Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
You may still be eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit which is going to end due to having recently reduced your hours or having become unemployed (also known as a '4 week run-on').
If you think you may be eligible then please go to the Northants County Council application page, here.
If you have any difficulties accessing the County Council website then please contact the school office.
To view our Pupil Premium strategies, please click on the links below